.COM-bloging!
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
 
Directing a Story

This week I've been trying to figure out exactly what story I want to tell for a play written by BT titled 'If I had to Perish Twice'. For those involved in the theater world you may, I repeat may, be able to appreciate this great struggle. In complete honesty, this is probably one of the most challenging things I've experienced thusfar in the world of theater. It may seem simple enough to have a story in mind, but that is typically the surface of what you've read or seen.

I'm trying to determine why everyone will be the way they are and it is a serious struggle. I've laughed at myself many times over the week. On mt bed with a pen in my hand staring up at the ceiling wondering "What the HELL do I want to say?!" Repeating to myself over and over and over again the same question until... (insert satori here) nothing. Ah if only I could just have that TADA! Alas, that's not the way it works.

On a positive note I did have creativity hit me in class today which may put me on the right track. I got lost thinking about the play while we (the class) were talking about two other plays. I know I should have been paying attention but I can't control creativity so I let my mind reel. It felt good because I wasn't forcing anything. Like I said though, I'm on the right track, only ON the right track. The answer, my story, it's locked away in my head still, but I think it's about to bust out. = D Heheh.

02-18-2004 04:42 pm

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory Blogsearchengine.com